Guidance from Whitehouse Nursery
Plant lovers, rejoice!
Whitehouse Nursery has gathered insights into flourishing plant care, even when your home doesn’t boast ample sunlight. A lack of bright rays doesn’t mean a lack of greenery. Below, find our tailored advice and a selection of plants that naturally prefer the shade to the sun.
- Whitehouse Nursery’s Select Plants for Low Light Environments:
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): A hardy option, thriving with minimal light and attention.
- ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): Its lush leaves glisten even in the dimmest corners, embodying adaptability.
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): With its forgiving nature, it drapes elegantly across shelves and desks, asking for little light.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): It brings a soft elegance with its white flowers, all while being content with low light levels.
- Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior): Its robustness makes it a perfect fit for the more shaded spots in your home.
- Light Logic: Get to know your space’s lighting to best position your plants.
- Turnabout Technique: Rotate your plants regularly to promote uniform growth.
- Hydration Hints: Water less frequently, and only when the soil feels dry to avoid overwatering.
- Dust-Free Foliage: A clean leaf surface is crucial for optimal light absorption.
- Alternate Light Sources: Consider grow lights to simulate sunlight for your plants.
- Measured Feeding: Go easy on the fertilizer; plants in low light require fewer nutrients.
- Optimal Potting: Rehome your plants in pots that are just right in size with proper drainage.
Step into Whitehouse Nursery for more plant care tips and to find the best shade-loving plants for your indoor oasis. Let us help you make even the coziest corner of your home a living, breathing space.
The Whitehouse Nursery Team